Secure Those Easter Eggs! Dog Almost Dies From Chocolate Poisoning

If you are a dog lover, chances are you already know that chocolate can be dangerous, and even lethal to dogs. There is also a good chance that your dog may have ingested a bit of chocolate once or twice and never suffered any ill effects. Yet taking a chance that your dog will not have a reaction can be gambling with their life.

Poppy, a U.K. pooch went through his owner’s shopping bags and devoured an Easter egg she had purchased at the supermarket. This one sneaky act nearly took her life, says Poppy’s owner Sally Riella:


“I’d been shopping that morning and had to rush out, so a few bags were left on the floor. I never dreamt for one minute what could happen. One of the Easter eggs had been crushed, so Poppy must have decided it would be good to eat – she never touched the second egg in the bag, which was still in the wrapper.”


Poppy, a Yorkshire Terrier/Bichon Frise mix was administered activated charcoal and IV fluids, and recovered within two days. Some dogs are not as lucky.


Read the full story here.

Danielle Sullivan just write mom dog poisoning chocolate Dogs chocolate dogs safety Easter eggs dogs symptoms chocolate poisoning

Danielle Sullivan View All →

Writer, dog lover, music fan, realistic but always a dreamer

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: